In Tomorrows Engineers Zone classes and youth groups connect with engineers and their teachers during school closure.
Classes get a 40-minute live chat with scientists and can ask follow-up questions.
All UK schools and youth groups (hello Guides, Scouts and Community Groups!) are able to take part.
Teachers and group leaders: Register your interest
Once you are given a login, book your chat, get the Student Registration Link from your profile, and give it to your students with the time of the chat.
About Tomorrows Engineers Zone
In this free online activity, your students:
- ASK their own questions to scientists about everything and anything — questions range from robots to transplants to pizza toppings.
- have conversations with scientists during a 40-minute, text-based live CHAT session (watch example chat)
Tomorrows Engineers Zone is hosted on the long-established I’m an Engineer platform.
Who it is for
Much of the activity is pupil-led (the students ask the questions they want to) so different age groups, ability levels, and backgrounds all get something out of it.
- Ages from Years 5/P5 to Year 13/S6
- Secondary schools, academies, special schools, pupil referral units and other non-mainstream educational settings
- Youth groups such as Guides, Scouts and other Community Groups.
All your students need is internet access. The live chats are text-based (no video or audio needed) and run through this site.
No personal details are shared on the site, all interaction is through text – there is no video or audio used – and we moderate all content. The only students who can log in are those who’ve been given access by their teacher. Teachers and group leaders also moderate the CHAT. Read our Safeguarding Policy.